Hearts have been officially placed in administration after accountancy firm BDO confirmed it had appointed three people to oversee their financial affairs.
Players have voted overwhelmingly to reject the Rugby Football League's radical plan to split a two-division Super League into three leagues of eight during the season.
Al Kazeem got up in the shadow of the post to deny Mukhadram in the Prince of Wales's Stakes at Royal Ascot.
Hearts will begin next season with a 15-point deduction after moving into administration.
Newcastle boss Alan Pardew has insisted he is going nowhere after the resignation of managing director Derek Llambias plunged the club into fresh chaos.
Andy Carroll hopes his club record move to West Ham will help him cement a place in the England squad ahead of the 2014 World Cup in Brazil.
Wimbledon's clinical procedure for determining its men's seeds was called into question as Rafael Nadal was afforded scant grace for his stunning career record on grass or his world-leading seven titles this year.
England had their bowlers and faulty South Africa batting to thank as they cruised into the Champions Trophy final with a seven-wicket win at The Oval.
- Severed deer head found on Tesco self-service check-out in Saffron Walden
- VIDEO: Killer jailed for a minimum of 15 years
- Business is booming at Bishop's Stortford mayor's Liberty networking event
- Bath stolen from Bishop's Stortford garden
- MP Prisk's praise for Stortford Food Bank volunteers
- Sonic boom in Herts and Essex: your reactions
- Parent escapes injury as lightning strikes Bishop's Stortford primary school
- Fire destroys mobile home at Takeley Park
- Uproar over new homes plan for Stortford garage blocks
- Saffron Walden man arrested over severed deer head found in Tesco
- Woman walking dogs in Hatfield Forest knocked out by robber who took her shoes
- Two men from Bangladesh arrested after raid on Sawbridgeworth kebab shop