Sam Bailey slammed for previous work
Shy 'X Factor' wannabe Sam Bailey has been slammed after it emerged she has previously performed with Lulu.
The 35-year-old prison officer - who has been dubbed Screwbo - wowed the judges with a stunning performance of Beyonce's 'Listen' at the weekend and insisted she hadn't auditioned for anything before, but an online profile claims she has "worked with Beverley Knight, Lulu and Jane McDonald".
The website also boasts that Sam has a "wealth of experience", and a former colleague insists she has previously auditioned for the talent show before, as well as 'Britain's Got Talent'.
They told The Sun newspaper: "She has misled the public. She tried out for the 'X Factor' seven or eight years ago and auditioned for 'Britain's Got Talent' as well.
"She should be honest. She made it sound like she's a shy beginner. She has untold experience."
According to the publication, the hopeful has also played gigs on cruise ships and at musical festivals.
But Sam replied "no" when show host Dermot O'Leary asked her: "Have you auditioned for anything before? Have you done much stuff?"
Sam stunned the 4,000-strong crowd at Wembley Arena on Sunday (01.09.13) in her second audition on the show, which left judge Nicole Scherzinger, as well as many others, in floods of tears.
Afterwards, Gary said: "That was absolutely phenomenal, where have you been?"
Nicole added: "That is what I'm talking about! Sam Bailey, everyone remember that name. This is your time and it's happening to you right now."
- UKIP stages day of action after Sheering MP Robert Halfon's 'Nazis' comment
- Stortford MP Mark Prisk presses for better service on Greater Anglia trains
- Beer we go! Stortford's Wetherspoons pub, The Port Jackson, set to open
- Herts county councillor splashes cash to save Stortford hedgehogs
- UKIP's Essex county councillors stage protest against flying of EU flag
- Property prices rise 7% as competition between buyers hots up